Salary: 32,000.00€ /year
Snr Sous chef – Up to €32,000 per annum
New opening – Modern Mediterranean style grill
Location – Mallorca, Near Palma
We are looking for a Snr Sous Chef for our new opening, located in Mallorca, this exciting new restaurant will reflect a Mediterranean inspired cooking on open charcoal grill’s and Pizza oven with healthy salads and desserts, served simply, well executed and at its seasonal best. Will also be doing our own smoking and growing our own produce onsite, along with producing our own coffee and micro brewery producing beer and sprits
The Restaurant would be operational 7 days a week with the capacity of 400 covers per service with indoor and outside seating. Serving simple Mallorcian breakfast and pastries, healthy but simple Del Dia menu for lunch and for evening, open fired grill menu, healthy small plates and salads, with pizza oven and Paella stations.
As Snr Sous Chef, you will support the head chef in the day to day operation and kitchen brigade. Your role would assume help and support in staff training, hiring, health & safety, kitchen admin, implementing and the procurement of new menus & costing’s, responsible for kitchen finances, ensuring that the GP is met. You will have at least 2 years experience as sous chef with a strong solid background. Be an excellent team leader and ability to motivate your team and work well under pressure.
- Able to speak good basic Spanish
- Able to live and work in Mallorca
- Labor loyalty of more than 2 years.
- Plant based cooking experience or willing to adapt and learn.
- Passionate about recycling and supporting environmental issues.
- Experience and references
- You would have good management skills, which would include, training, recruitment and developing staff, time management and good working ethics
- Good credentials in meeting GP targets
- Support in developing and implementing new menus and dishes with costing’s, and allergen sheets
- Maintain high standards and quality of food offering and execution
- To help maintain Kitchen staff expenditure and costs
- Managing Health and safety procedures in line with company policy and maintaining records, arrange COSHH training as required
- Responsible for food purchasing, finding suppliers and kitchen Rota’s and maintaining S.O.P’s
- Ideally worked and cooked with open fire, and had experience in high volume establishments, but not essential
Ultimately we are looking for someone who is creative and passionate, that is dedicated, proactive and reliable, must have a passion for quality and good working ethics with a solid background and knowledge of seasonal and fresh produce, to join us
If this something for you and your interested in developing your career and delivering quality food, then please apply.
Due to the large amount of expected applications we will receive, we can only responded to successful applicants who have been shortlisted for an interview.
Eligibility: All applicants must either be eligible to live and work in Spain. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process