Mallorca, Illes Balears provincia
General Manager postion
Location: Near Palma, Mallorca
Salary: Discussed on application
Son Amar – El Castillo is looking for a General Manager to join our dynamic growing team.
We are looking for a General Manager for our new opening, located near Palma in Mallorca, part of Son Amar. This exciting new restaurant reflects a Mediterranean inspired cooking on open charcoal grill and Pizza oven with healthy salads and desserts, served simply, well executed and at its seasonal best, along with local wines and beverages. Also doing our own smoking and growing our own produce onsite, along with producing our own coffee and micro brewery producing beer and sprits
The Restaurant is operational 7 days a week with the capacity of 500 covers per service with indoor and outside seating, including our roof terrace with views of the Tramuntana mountain range.Serving simple Mallorcian breakfast and pastries, healthy but simple Del Dia menu for lunch and for evening, open fired grill menu, healthy small plates and salads, with pizza oven and Paella stations.
As a General Manager you will be a key team member working closely with the head chef and owner. You will be expected to enforce the highest of standards to ensure every customer has the best experience possible. This position will be best suited to a candidate with at least 1 year of supervisor/restaurant management experience or higher (preferably GM position in busy restaurant setting). The successful candidate will be very motivated & have exceptional leadership skills. Being able to work well as an individual and strong as part of a team will be essential. Good Communication with owner will be key.
We are looking for outgoing, confident people with excellent customer service skills, the very best standards and a passion for hospitality.
You will have a strong background in team management, organising & managing a busy booking systems & a very keen eye for detail. Your role will be strongly based on customer satisfaction; so a strong team leader will thrive in this position.
We require that everybody who joins our team is always RESPECTFUL, ABLE TO WORK AS PART OF A TEAM, UNDERSTAND THAT THE CLIENT IS ALWAYS NO 1. COMMITMENT!!!, LOYAL, HUMBLE AND WILL TAKE ON OUR STRONG SUPPORT TO BE AS ENVIRONMENTALLY RESPECTFUL AS POSSIBLE.
The position will be salaried with bonus – based on experience and discussed if successful.
- Working closely with the Owner to promote and improve business as seen fit
- Day-to-day managing of all aspects of successful bar, restaurant & events
- Working closely with marketing team to boost trade
- Ensure all training of staff is done to sufficient level
- Ensure all GP targets are hit
- You will be in full control of the Restaurant team, which would include, training, recruitment and developing staff, time management and holiday requests, Staff folders and filing
- Regular stock taking, whether this is weekly or monthly, depending on what’s needed at the time
- Developing and implementing new drinks menus and offers, also working with the head chef on food offering
- Maintain high standards and quality of service and execution
- Ensuring and maintaining a safe and clean Restaurant
- You are responsible for all controllable Front of house finances, i.e. disposables, drinks purchasing, wastage.
- To help maintain labour expenditure and costs
- Managing all Health and safety procedures and risk assessments and maintaining records
- Responsible for drinks purchasing, finding suppliers and FOH Rota’s and maintaining S.O.P’s
- Reporting any maintenance needed
- Helping keep P&L up to date, Cashing off, Work on budgets and forecasts, Staff contracts
- Implementing booking systems and keeping Epos up to date
If you would like to join us and can fulfill the requirements stated above, then please don’t hesitate to send us your CV.
We would like to ask if you can please send your CV to be detailed and directed for the position you are applying for, with a full colour photo of yourself.
Due to the large amount of expected applications we will receive, we can only responded to successful applicants who have been shortlisted for an interview
In advance we would like to thank you for taking the time and to show your interest in working with us.
Son Amar is noting more and nothing less than a group of dedicated passionate people doing what they do best.
We hope to see you soon.