Mallorca, Illes Balears provincia
Salary: 36,000.00€ /year
Head Chef – €36,000 per annum
Location – Son Amar, Mallorca, Near Palma
We are looking for a Head Chef for our successful Show at Son Amar, located in Mallorca, this is an exciting opportunity to help improve and take the dining experience to the next level, from which is already a smooth and working well operation.
Son Amar puts on some of the best shows in the world with a dinner and show experience, along with some corporate and wedding events as well. We pride ourselves on sustainability and being eco friendly, Son Amar also produces its own coffee and soon will have its own microbrewery, be growing our own produce and smoking our own meats and fish. The show can seat and dine up to 1000 guests at a time, serving 4-5 course menus, so banqueting experience is a must. Our Executive Chef for Son Amar group, who is looking to take Son Amar’s dining establishments in exciting new direction, would oversee you.
As Head Chef, you will be in full control of the kitchen brigade. Your role would assume staff training, hiring, health & safety, kitchen admin, implementing and the procurement of new menus & costing’s, responsible for kitchen finances, ensuring that the GP is met. You will have at least 2 years experience as senior sous or head chef with a strong solid background. Be an excellent team leader and ability to motivate your team and work well under pressure.
- Have experience in high volume establishments, and banqueting
- Able to speak good basic Spanish
- You would have good team management skills, which would include, training, recruitment and developing staff, time management and good working ethics
- Good credentials in meeting GP targets
- Developing and implementing new menus and dishes with costing’s, and allergen sheets
- Maintain high standards and quality of food offering and execution
- To help maintain Kitchen staff expenditure and costs
- Managing all Health and safety procedures in line with company policy and maintaining records, arrange COSHH training as required
- Responsible for food purchasing, finding suppliers and kitchen Rota’s and maintaining S.O.P’s
- Uphold and strongly enforce Son Amar’s Recycling procedures with a Zero Waste Program, Energy Reduction Plan, Water Saving Project and the whole etiquette of Son Amar’s Green philosophy.
Ultimately we are looking for someone who is creative and passionate, that is dedicated, proactive and reliable, must have a passion for quality and good working ethics with a solid background and knowledge of seasonal and fresh produce, to join us
If this something for you and your interested in developing your career and delivering quality food, then please apply.
Due to the large amount of expected applications we will receive, we can only responded to successful applicants who have been shortlisted for an interview.
Eligibility: All applicants must either be eligible to live and work in Spain. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process